Thursday, October 23, 2014

Spirit lead me

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters 
wherever you would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
and my faith could be made stronger 
in the presence of my Savior

These words got me through the hardest time of my life recently. I wish I could tell you that I penned these thought to the Spirit of God.  Can you feel the rhythm in your chest as your read them? 

Let the words build around your soul for a minute. 

I wish I would have had these words earlier in my life. Like the time God send me to live in Florida all alone. Or the time my heart was struggling to figure out how to take the next step with my best friend. Or maybe the moment I moved away from my family after only a few being reunited only a few short months earlier. That time my heart was broken by a friend and I knew I needed to grieve. 

During those hard moments of my life I don't think I would have been ready to say these words to my God and ask Him to take me places I have never been or imagined.  God has called me into the"great unknown." Have you been to that place yet? It is terrifying. Let me say that again…. it. is. terrifying. Somehow, God knows how scary this life is and He is with us every step of the way.  

As I sat in a little hospital room, saying breath prayers over my son, I said these words over and over in my head. I sang along to the song on repeat for an hour one night as tears streamed down. All I knew in that moment was that God was the author and perfecter of life. He was the one who created and sustained life. I could feel God stretching me in a way I was not prepared, but being eerily at peace being in his presence. I knew a peace that I am certain came from God alone. 

Praying for you to experience peace today. 

My soul will rest in your embrace
For I am yours and you are mine


No comments:

Post a Comment