Sunday, October 19, 2014

the little man that keeps me awake

Recently, six months ago, God gave me the best role and job on this earth. He gave my husband and I sweet baby boy. I am so thankful for this precious gift that God has in trusted to us.

Let me just say being a parent is hard work!

My husband and I were recently out to dinner and little man was becoming restless while we were waiting for the check. Little E is a great baby and he does really well while eating out, but everyone reaches his limit. I took him out of the highchair and was just holding him while standing. The server commented on our bundle of joy and how good he was. Some how the topic of sleep came up. Actually, as I am recalling this event from less than a week ago, I don't think the topic came up, but my husband and I made it come up. We shared with our server that there is not a lot of sleep with babies. Also, having a child is the hardest job….way harder than any manual labor job. She was a little shocked. We lamented to this sweet stranger that we were tired and hoping bedtime would go well. I am sure she could care less, but it was almost a warning to her. This was a moment in my life when I felt like we definitely over shared.

It is really true. Being a parent changes your world in a way that no one can explain it to you. I feel like we are earning badges in a club that has so many secrets.

Every time I am nursing that baby and he looks up at me with big blue eyes I thank God. I find my prayer life has increased greatly in the last six months! Here are a few breath prayers...

Thank you God for this precious gift you gave.

Thank you for the life you created. 

Please God, please let him sleep a little longer.

Please show me how to help Him feel better, dear Lord. 

Father, please forgive my shortcomings as a mother. 

Help me to know how to parent my son. Give me wisdom. 

You are an awesome Creator God. 

God, are you still there listening? I could really use your patience and peace. 

Lord, please help me not to lose it. 

I am not even exaggerating in any of those prayers. But, I am thankful for the server who was kind and listened to two very tired parents. I am thankful for the meal shared as a family. I am thankful for the compliments of strangers. I am thankful for the encouragement of others who have been there. 

I just wanted to introduce you to a little man who stole my heart at first glance….probably more like first heart beat. 




No comments:

Post a Comment